Software Engineer / GoCologne/DE or Seattle/US, Remote/Home-Office possible • Earliest start date
Make.TV reinvents content acquisition and discovery for live mobile video production. Using Make.TV Live Video Cloud, producers can acquire user-generated and premium live content using smartphones, pro cameras and encoders. The best video can then be selected, managed and then distributed to any broadcast, social or OTT network.
Our team of circa 25 employees develops and operates a cloud-based software for TV stations, Multi-Channel-Networks, publishers and other media enterprises. We’re working in flat hierarchies, giving each employee their own freedom and responsibilities by working in our offices in Cologne/GER, in San Francisco or Seattle/US, or from a remote location.
Our customers include ESL (Electronic Sports League), MTV/Viacom, LinkedIn, ProSiebenSat.1 and RTL2.
More information is available at www.make.tv
- Implementation of LVC backend services and Improve the availability, latency and scalability of Make.TV’s services
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Influence the designs and architectures for large-scale distributed systems
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Proficient knowledge of Linux server operating systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient Go programming skills
- Experience with one or more of: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, C, C++, Java, Python, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and resilience patterns
- Understanding of processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks and Linux performance monitoring (strace et. al)
- Strong problem solving skills; understanding of algorithms and complexity analysis
- Expertise in designing and implementing microservice architectures
What the Job offers:
- Colleagues with outstanding, long-term experience and an environment in which learning and development are highly important
- technically challenging tasks
- most modern technologies and procedures
- freedom in the improvement of own working methods
Information to the Job:
- Permanent appointment, preferred fulltime
- Place of work: Cologne/DE or Seattle/US, Remote/Home-Office possible
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
Send us your application (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date exclusively via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!