Systems Engineer / JavaCologne/DE or Seattle/US, Remote/Home-Office possible • Earliest start date
Make.TV reinvents content acquisition and discovery for live mobile video production. Using Make.TV Live Video Cloud, producers can acquire user-generated and premium live content using smartphones, pro cameras and encoders. The best video can then be selected, managed and then distributed to any broadcast, social or OTT network.
Our team of circa 25 employees develops and operates a cloud-based software for TV stations, Multi-Channel-Networks, publishers and other media enterprises. We’re working in flat hierarchies, giving each employee their own freedom and responsibilities by working in our offices in Cologne/GER, in San Francisco or Seattle/US, or from a remote location.
Our customers include ESL (Electronic Sports League), MTV/Viacom, LinkedIn, ProSiebenSat.1 and RTL2.
More information is available at www.make.tv
- technical planning and implementation of backend components (such as our API, stream routing, media management, cloud / AWS / Azure administration / scaling, video encoding, and more)
- planning and implementation of database structures as well as optimization of already existing databases and SQL queries
- You are involved in all project phases - from planning and architecture through development to deployment
- Most of our backend software is Java, C and Python are only used for specific applications. The frontend is HTML5 / JS (mostly based on Angular.js). If you should bring knowledge in these technologies as well, or you would like to improve it with us, we are looking forward to your application.
- appropriate expertise to meet the challenging tasks; whether knowledge has been created by a computer science study or by other means is not relevant for us
- at least 2 years of experience with complex software projects
- Extensive experience in Java 8, Maven and Spring 4
- Experience working with Linux, PostgreSQL and Git
- Great Interest in new technologies and motivation
What the Job offers:
- Colleagues with outstanding, long-term experience and an environment in which learning and development are highly important
- technically challenging tasks
- most modern technologies and procedures
- freedom in the improvement of own working methods
Information to the Job:
- Permanent appointment, preferred fulltime
- Place of work: Cologne/DE or Seattle/US, Remote/Home-Office possible
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
Send us your application (with CV, job references etc.) with salary expectations and earliest start date exclusively via e-mail: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!