Technical Customer Support / Support Engineer (m/f)Cologne/Germany, Seattle/US, Remote/Home-Office possible • Earliest start date
Make.TV reinvents content acquisition and discovery for live mobile video production. Using Make.TV Live Video Cloud, producers can acquire user-generated and premium live content using smartphones, pro cameras and encoders. The best video can then be selected, managed and then distributed to any broadcast, social or OTT network.
Our team of circa 25 employees develops and operates a cloud-based software for TV stations, Multi-Channel-Networks, publishers and other media enterprises. We’re working in flat hierarchies, giving each employee their own freedom and responsibilities by working in our offices in Cologne/GER, in San Francisco or Seattle/US, or from a remote location.
Our customers include ESL (Electronic Sports League), MTV/Viacom, LinkedIn, ProSiebenSat.1 and RTL2.
More information is available at www.make.tv
- Technical support (1st and 2nd level) for our global customers (englisch/german)
- Administration and Operation of the Make.TV Live Video Cloud
- Support of our customers via e-mail, telephone and remote
- Analysis and remove of claimed defects in close cooperation with our development department
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services
- Documentation of the support cases and solutions
- Participation in on-call duty
(Meanwhile we are establishing support teams in Cologne/DE and Seattle/USA. Due to the time shift of 9h we want to offer 24/7 support without regular night shifts)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Proficient knowledge of Linux server operating systems
- Technical apprenticeship, preferably in the field of system administration, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in technical support / helpdesk or comparable experience in customer service
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills
- Good communication skills and strong customer orientation to provide practical solutions
- responsibility and commitment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Virtualization (various sorts of containers or Linux VMs), Icinga, Python, Nginx, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Saltstack
What the Job offers:
- Colleagues with outstanding, long-term experience and an environment in which learning and development are highly important
- technically challenging tasks
- most modern technologies and procedures
- freedom in the improvement of own working methods
Information to the Job:
- Permanent appointment, preferred fulltime
- Place of work: Cologne/DE or Seattle/US, partly Remote/Home-Office possible
You are highly motivated and curious about this Job?
We are looking forward to your application. Besides your resume/CV, please add any other information you find relevant (e.g. references or other documents). Also, please include the earliest start date and your expections for the compensation.